Qatalyst Research Group has been providing management consulting services to public, non-profit, and private sector clients across Canada for more than 30 years. We exist to make a meaningful difference. We are fortunate to work with incredible people in government, Indigenous organizations, the non-profit sector, and the private sector who are dedicated to doing more to make society better through their strategies, programs, and services. We did not get into this business to prepare reports that tick a box or sit on a shelf; we exist to deliver impactful services that will support our clients in their missions to make society work better for everyone.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our team and contribute to the growth of our dynamic and expanding company as a Senior Evaluator.
- You have a master's degree in applied social sciences or equivalent.
- You have 5+ years of experience in an applied research and evaluation capacity, with the ability to manage competing deadlines effectively.
- You are proficient in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- You are a strategic thinker with superb analytical and writing skills, as well as the ability to analyze complex data and information and draw actionable insights.
- You are comfortable presenting to senior executives and have excellent communication skills, along with the ability to work with a diverse set of highly skilled professionals in a team-based environment.
- You have sharp attention to detail and can find creative solutions based on your analysis and observations.
- You have a proven ability to interpret and share data findings with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a demonstrated ability to manage client and staff relationships effectively and positively.
- You are able to build credibility by delivering high quality results on time and proactively identifying and resolving project issues.
- You can clearly get your point across and get all stakeholders aligned on a common goal.
- You are passionate about research and policy.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research.
- Manage project leads effectively.
- Manage implementation of client projects.
- Consult with project leads on the development of evaluation plans, project scopes of work, analysis plans, project products, etc.
- Edit/proof final products, data collection tools, evaluation plans, and other deliverables.
- Work directly with clients, facilitating meetings and providing higher level support/resolution to complex issues in coordination with project leads.
- Coordinate work across projects to ensure all are high-quality and completed efficiently.
- Consult with project leads on project progress and assist with problem solving (e.g., related to research design, client needs).
- Review and edit project staff's work and provide constructive feedback.
- Keep Management Team updated on staff strengths, challenges, and professional development needs.
- Provide input to the Management Team for staff performance appraisals.
- Manage and develop client relationships.
- Follow-up with clients to ensure needs are being met.
- Serve as the project lead on large and/or complex projects.
- Create scope of works, evaluation plans, timelines, data collection tools, and analysis plans
- Create/write project deliverables tailored to the client's specific data needs.
- Conduct data collection and analyses, when needed.
- Meet regularly with Project Leads to coordinate project timelines and staff and evaluation resources so all project needs across the firm are met.
- Pro-actively identify any issues within and across projects that may impact projects' quality and timeliness or client satisfaction and propose solutions.
- Plan, lead and/or facilitate regular project management meetings.
- Work with Management Team in support of firm growth/expansion and operational activities.
Salary and Benefits
- $70,000 - $100,000 annually
- Bonus schedule after one year
- 10 or more days PTO depending on tenure with the firm
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5 days of sick leave per year
- Health/Wellness benefits plan after first 6 months
- Hybrid work environment
- Professional development opportunities
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients, providing insights and recommendations on complex business challenges. We value innovation, curiosity, ambition, and problem-solving skills. Fluency in French and experience working with First Nations communities are assets.
At Qatalyst Research Group, we are committed to creating a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Senior Evaluator".