Qatalyst Research Group has been providing management consulting services to public, non-profit, and private sector clients across Canada for more than 30 years. We exist to make a meaningful difference. We are fortunate to work with incredible people in government, Indigenous organizations, the non-profit sector, and the private sector who are dedicated to doing more to make society better through their strategies, programs, and services. We did not get into this business to prepare reports that tick a box or sit on a shelf; we exist to deliver impactful services that will support our clients in their missions to make society work better for everyone.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our team and contribute to the growth of our dynamic and expanding company as a Research Analyst. This is a full-time hybrid position, however remote-based is also considered.
- Implementing field research activities (interviews, surveys, open-ended questions and focus groups)
- Conducting document, file and literature reviews
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis (using Excel or other analytical tools)
- Summarizing and coding text data collected from surveys or interviews
- Supporting project managers and research team with logistics (scheduling/communication)
- Analysis and report writing
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, infographics, and logic models
- Perform other duties as required
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a diverse set of highly skilled professionals in a team-based environment
- Post-secondary degree in areas such as social sciences, business, economics, public sector policy, statistics, or data analysis
- 2 to 3 years of experience in conducting research and qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- The ability to write and summarize research findings from a professional report writing perspective is required
- Superb time management, analytical and writing skills
- Solid understanding of research methodologies
- Innovative, curious, ambitious and problem-solving personality
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as graphical tools such as Canva and Venngage is essential.
- Solid hands-on experience with Survey Monkey is required, including proficiency in programming surveys, setting up email collectors, etc.
- Additional experience working with other programming languages such as SAS, Python or R is considered an asset
Salary and Benefits
- $25 - $35 per hour commensurate with experience
- 10 or more days PTO depending on tenure with the firm
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5 days of sick leave per year
- Health/Wellness benefits plan after first 6 months
- Hybrid work environment
- Professional development opportunities
At Qatalyst Research Group, we are committed to creating a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Researcher and Evaluator Application".