Qatalyst Research Group has been providing management consulting services to public, non-profit, and private sector clients across Canada for more than 30 years. We exist to make a meaningful difference. We are fortunate to work with incredible people in government, Indigenous organizations, the non-profit sector, and the private sector who are dedicated to doing more to make society better through their strategies, programs, and services. We did not get into this business to prepare reports that tick a box or sit on a shelf; we exist to deliver impactful services that will support our clients in their missions to make society work better for everyone. We are seeking a talented individual to join our team and contribute to the growth of our dynamic and expanding company as a Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for successful implementation of the projects you are managing from the planning stage to closure. You will collaborate with a diverse team of consultants to manage project timelines, budgets, and client interactions, ensuring a high level of quality and client satisfaction. This role requires a combination of project management expertise, client relationship management, and a thorough understanding of the consulting process. The Project Manager will work closely with our consulting leads (e.g., Partners, Directors and Principals) and team members and clients to ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget while ensuring the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, or related field. Master’s degree or PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience in project management
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Strong client relationship management and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Key ResponsibilitiesProject Planning and Execution
- Translating Work Plans developed by our consulting leads into detailed project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and planned allocation of resources.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure project adherence to plans and identify any potential bottlenecks.
- Monitor project progress and budgets, handle any issues that arise, and ensure timely completion.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients on project operational matters, setting and managing client expectations throughout the project.
- Coordinate with clients to clarify project requirements, address changes, and provide updates on project progress.
- Develop and manage project budgets, ensuring projects remain within budget and scope.
- Track and analyze project financials to optimize profitability.
- Facilitate communication between consulting team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure resources are available and allocated according to project needs.
- Identify, assess, and manage project risks and issues, ensuring solutions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality outputs by enforcing quality control processes within the team.
- Prepare and present regular project status reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of project management practices and project management software within the firm, identifying opportunities for process enhancements.
Salary and Benefits
- $75,000 - $100,000 annually (plus annual bonus based on performance)
- 10 or more days PTO depending on tenure with the firm
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5 days of sick leave per year
- Health/Wellness benefits plan after first 6 months
- Remote work environment
- Professional development opportunities
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Project Manager Application".
Qatalyst is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position.