What We Do
We have conducted many labour market information and development studies, which involve the development of labour market profiles, projections and strategies, reviews of education, training, apprenticeship, economic immigration, foreign worker, and foreign credential recognition programs, reviews of labour mobility, and the assessment of labour markets for a wide variety of different of the economy.
As part of these studies, we commonly:
- Review available labour market information and other data including data published by Statistics Canada, Industry Canada, Census Canada, and others related to the target sector and/or region.
- Review of past reports, literature and other documents on major drivers of employment growth in the sector, the labour market outlook in the short and medium term, current and projected skills shortages, and possible strategies and actions to address skills shortages.
- Develop a database of active employers. The population list is generally designed to include a broad representation of employers of various sizes from all sub-sectors included in the scope of the study.
- Survey a large sample of employers.
- Conduct telephone interviews with subject matter experts and other key informants.
- Conduct a series of focus groups or roundtables to further explore the findings.
- Using our analytical model that we have developed, we then quantify employment, skills shortages, and labour shortages by region, sub-sector and occupational grouping.
We have conducted labour market studies focused on forest workers, silviculture workers, the mmanufacturing sector on behalf of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters, the social venture sector on behalf of the University of British Columbia, the BC non-profit sector on behalf of the Vancouver Foundation, the animation industry, film and television sectors, construction workers on behalf of the BC Construction Industry Training Organization, IT workers on behalf of the Vancouver Economic Development Commission, veterinarians on behalf of the CVMA, and aerospace workers on behalf of AIAC. We have also prepared labour market strategies for particular regions and sectors, an analysis of labour mobility across a range of sectors, and reviews of foreign credential recognition programs and initiatives. We have also conducted reviews of many immigration programs including the Provincial Nominee Program, the Temporary Foreign Worker program and the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Request a Quote
Please contact us if you want to find out more about our services, forward a request for proposals (RFP), or receive a specific quote. To begin the process, you can click the button below. We will respond to you within the next two business days.
If you have an RFP or terms of reference, you can send it to us at email@example.com
Request a Quote